The 44,775 square foot complex is composed of three existing buildings that were
erected in 1952 to serve the road and vehicle maintenance needs of Yakima County.
The scope of the work involved modernizing and adding additional space to the existing
The modernization included a face lift of the existing vehicle maintenance building and
reorienting the vehicle bays to be “drive thru”, allowing a 6,000 S.F. administration
addition. The work also included a new Vehicle Wash Bay, renovation of the Vehicle
Parking Building, a new Sign Shop and remodeling an existing Metal Storage Building
into an Office Building for Survey and Testing.
The existing Maintenance Building is constructed of concrete and block, and was refinished
with cement plaster and pre-finished metal panels. The other buildings are steel
frame with pre-finished metal siding.