BORArchitecture teamed with Architects West to design the new West Valley High School. The school was designed to house 1,650 students in a new 240,000 square foot, two story building. The facility was constructed using slab on grade concrete, exterior walls of brick and concrete masonry and supported by structural steel framing and concrete masonry.
Features of the new school include:
- Classrooms - 520 Seat Auditorium
- Nine Science Labs - Band & Choir Rooms
- Library - 2,370 Seat Gymnasium
- Art Rooms - Training Room
- Metal & Wood Tech Shops - Fitness Room
- Life Skills Classroom - Wrestling/Aerobics Room
- Culinary Arts - Food Service Facilities
- Commons/Student Dining - Administration
The West Valley High School Library at 8,400 square feet was designed with a radial layout to create a positive lines of sight. Book Stacks and tables were located to maintain an open feel at the center of the space with increased shelving height and capacity at the perimeter. The Library was designed to accommodate a variety of educational activities. Computers are centrally located for convenience and to aid supervision. Tables and chairs are positioned adjacent to the computer workstations to accommodate instruction of a full class. Quiet reading areas are provided at the corners of the Library. Computer Classrooms are located adjacent to the Library and visible through relights.