ARCHITECT or ARCHITECTURAL INTERN
We are currently interviewing for a Licensed Architect and/or Architectural Intern for our firm located in Yakima Washington. BORArchitecture is a highly respected firm established in 1994 to provide full architectural and interior design services. We are unique in our approach and believe in a collaborative process integrating interior and architectural elements throughout the design phases. We desire someone to become part our our team and be committed to providing quality architectural services for our clients.
- Work with clients to confirm design objectives and formulate options; may prepare and conduct design and technical presentations for team and/or clients.
- Team with principal to develop design concepts and translate them into workable construction systems; evaluate alternatives to develop solutions and maintain quality control.
- Preparation of design drawings and construction documents.
- Coordinate/lead the work of architecture and interior design staff as well as sub-consultants to complete design work and construction documents.
- Coordinate regularly with design team regarding project status; ensure work meets clients' requirements, is timely and completed within budget.
- Participate in or lead construction administration.
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects at various stages of design.
- Participate in marketing efforts, including presentations.
- Responsible for assisting in development of designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of project delivery. Strong technical and analytical skills required.
- Coordinate with consulting engineering disciplines to aid integrated project delivery.
- Responsible for production of high quality construction documents and specifications in collaboration with, and under the supervision of, a licensed project architect.
- Participate in construction site visits and assist in construction administration.
- Learn the professional trade and craft of architecture.
- Professional Bachelor’s or Masters of Architecture required.
- 3+ years experience working on a broad range of projects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational and time management skills.
- Concise, personable verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently as well as work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe and Microsoft Office products desired.
- Interior design experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of LEED building requirements is a plus.
- Demonstrate a desire to get involved in the community.
- Medical, life and disability insurance fully paid.
- Vacation, sick leave, holidays paid time off.
- Simple IRA with company match.
- Competitive salary.
Qualified and interested candidates please respond by emailing your cover letter and resume to: Yvonne Luttrell at email@example.com
More about Yakima, WA… Yakima is the epicenter of Washington’s wine and agricultural industries with 300 days of sunshine each year. You would be hard pressed to find a place where you could dine on food so close to where it is grown. You can even choose to visit farmers and harvest your dinner yourself!
Four of Washington State’s official Scenic Byways – White Pass, Chinook Pass, Yakima River Canyon and the Yakama Scenic Byway, run directly into the Yakima Valley making it one of the most popular camping, hiking, rafting, biking and fishing destinations in the state.
All the vibrancy of life in Yakima and Central Washington doesn’t end with the agricultural industry and beauty of nature. Yakima continues to rapidly grow in all sectors, allowing us to participate in designing it’s future and look.